Finally I have a few minutes to blog!
It was actually almost 10 days ago now that I did our second analysis, but here's the results:
Groceries overspent by $126... but that includes putting new batteries in every torch and getting some extra bread and meat for our non-event of a flood, so I'm ok with that.
Household - UNDER by $20 YAY
Dining Out/Takeaway - only spent $68 this fortnight which is a lot less than last fortnight so its a bit of progress.
In other areas of spending we are all within budget so I feel confident we are going to do OK once we really get into the swing of it all :D
As for our Budget for our Biomedical Intervention Program...
Well we set ourselves a Budget of $2000 to cover the replacement of the *contaminated* appliances/equipment, purchase of new needs, the program Fee and any other incidentals that may crop up. Food and anything else prescribed was to hopefully be met out of our grocery budget.
So far we have spent $306 on the replacing/purchasing of equipment and $1440 on the program fee and our first food order for a total of $1746 INCLUDING food! I'm really happy with that and am glad that includes food!
I think we will also find a massive financial benefit as we have today and tomorrow left of our *old* lives which includes takeaway, then we will be on a strict diet regime with NO takeaway included at all so even if our food does cost a little more than regular food, its still got to be less than adding in our current takeaway expenditure. Although saying that, this fortnight will include a fair bit as we are having our *last* of a few things for a long time - our last chinese, our last thai... etc!
Refashionista's - Now February was the start of my two month pledge and I haven't bought ANY clothing for any of us! I do have a pile of clothes that I have dug out that can be refashioned, but I just need to find the time! In my pile I have:
- A pair of old jeans to turn into a denim skirt
- A pair of old tailored pants with a stain on the leg to turn into shorts
- Another pair of pants to turn into shorts (why exactly do I have so many long pants in the middle of Central Qld?)
- A floaty skirt to tailor down so it doesn't blow up every time I set foot outside the door!
Here's a pic of the floaty skirt - I think I'm just going to unpick the side seams and trim out all the curve! What do you think - will that work?
I also need to get googling and find a tute on how to turn the jeans into a skirt (I know I've seen one SOMEWHERE!) so if you do happen across it let me know!
I think that's enough of me today!
Theresa
4 comments:
All the best with the new diet! I think its great that it includes food.
As for refashionistas I saw your post there! I actually like your skirt as it is, but then again, making it a straight skirt would be nice... oooh what about a tissue/wavy bottom of the skirt? That would be cool.
Here are some links to how to turn jeans into a skirt:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178537.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=100422.0
Enjoy!
I have no idea how to help with the refashioning, but I can't wait to see your creations. WTG!
http://www.fashion-icon.com/fall_2001/jeansplicing.html
http://www.makingfriends.com/jean_skirt.htm
Hi Theresa - look up Damara sheep - they are african and easy to breed no shearing or crutching also known as long tails - great meat and friendly. We have small acreage at york and trying to live simple life, sewing cooking etc, much healthier and happier - saw your post on als.
Marg
Post a Comment