Friday, August 1, 2008

Air Quality and Other Things

hehehe so much for not writing every day after July LOL!

Anyway, I was thinking more about the Air Quality Issues so decided to write!

The biggest issue we have is that we just don't know exactly how much poor air quality is contributing to our issues - we certainly do know that neither girl has slept through an entire night since moving here, despite sleeping reasonably well in our old house. So after eliminating everything we can think of as a cause for their sleep disturbances (and starting our Biomed Program, so finally sorting their diet out), all that is left is the house and its environment.

So whilst this certainly makes for one chronically tired Mummy, more importantly it means that our girls are obviously struggling too :(

And just under an hour spent at an Open Night at Miss E's Kindy with a few other *smelly* parents, resulted in Miss E having an enormous reaction and being barely able to cope with anything at all yesterday - she's still off with the fairies today, but at least her mood is stable. So its blatantly obvious that the air my children breath in needs to be as clean as possible - not only was yesterday a very stressful day for me, it must have been even worse for Em who simply cannot control her emotions the way we adults can.

It proves that our attempts to minimise our exposure to these things is absolutely worthwhile and it really does have a dramatic impact on our children. Obviously things like the Kindy Open Night aren't going to be regular occurances and after having the past few months at home with as little contact with the outside world as possible, it was a great chance for us to guage how sensitive Em still is, and reiterate to us that we do need to be very careful.

Less than an hour with a handful of smelly adults caused a massive fallout.

I'm keen to see how much happier the girls could be in general day to day life if they aren't also breathing in air from our home that isn't so poor. We certainly think they've come a long way in the past 6 months, and can't help but wonder how much better they could be in another 6 months...

1 comment:

Miss Cinders said...

Wow T, you do need to give this 'where we are going to relocate to' decision alot of thought.

By the looks of your posts I honestly think you need to think seriously rural. I mean not just alot of trees in the neighbourhood rural... I'm talking closest neighbour at least 500m-1km away!

The food thing is finally sorting fully, and now the darn air is giving you troubles!! *sigh*

I hope you guys can figure something out that you are totally happy with, and find somewhere you can call home for years to come :)

Good luck hun xo

Oh! I haven't forgotten about your books, I know i should have had them back ages ago. I just forget them every time when I'm going into town! I'll go make a note right now to put them into the town bag!!

And do you realise you haven't posted in like 2 weeks!!!