Friday, January 2, 2009

My life... at the moment

Well, the start of a new year… Happy 2009 everyone!

I feel like this year is going to be a year of many changes in my life. The changes that have taken place recently have certainly started to tip my life in the direction I want to be heading, so I feel motivated to continue this journey with gusto!

My life at the moment is fabulous. It’s certainly different being alone and solely responsible for the girls and my life, but I’m thoroughly enjoying it. I feel so much more free… free to make decisions based on my beliefs alone, free to sit up and watch trashy TV if that’s what I want, free to go nuts in my garden, free to just be me.

I’m learning so much at the moment as well – not many days have gone by that I haven’t learned a new skill. Some of the things that I’m most proud of may not be that significant to others, even in months to come when the novelty of doing everything myself wears off, I may laugh that I was so proud of these achievements, but for now I’m savouring that, amongst other things, I have been able to:

• Build a Max-proof Compost Heap Fence (Max is my dog!)
• Repair my broken toilet (this was a major milestone for me!)
• Provide all the physical labour of setting up our new gardens
• Program my new Harmony Remote Control (a Christmas gift – here’s more details)

I’ve also experienced the thrill of buying my first lawn mower and mowing the lawn! Actually my new lawn mower is my favourite toy at the moment  But I’m going to do a post on my garden soon, so I think I’ll save the details for that post!

Because the girls Dad and I still have a very good relationship, they don’t appear to have been adversely affected at all. I’m sure that because everyone is coping well, and there is no animosity at all, it’s easier for me to be enjoying this time. If we weren’t getting along so well, I suspect that life would be very different.

There is a lot of joy in each day at the moment and whilst I have no idea what the future holds for me, I feel ready to embrace whatever comes my way. I’m sure there will be times when I’m not feeling so good about being a single mum, but for now I’m enjoying the moment!

No comments: