Well, I haven’t blogged for ages – February has been a crazy month here – lots of medical things going on to deal with (will write more another day), a written assignment to do, a few social outings that have been unavoidable and of course the start of dancing, tumblefun gymnastics and our occupational therapist appointments for the year!
But March is looking a little quieter here, so hopefully I can phone those friends I’ve been neglecting, write here a bit more, catch up on some cooking and sewing, and just plain old get back into life again.
And on the topic of sewing… The March Challenge on Aussies Living Simply is No Knickers! Now I cannot give up undies forever, but I have decided that from now on, I shall not put any commercially made underwear on my bottom (other than what I currently own, that is).
On ALS, I have been asked about my homemade undies, so here are some pics of my first Hemp Bra & Undies set made in April last year. They were made using Kwik Sew Pattern 3301
Its probably important to note that this is not an underwire bra and as I am rather small busted, I find it great, but I’m not sure what those with larger busts need in the bra compartment...

I made the undies the high waisted version, but afterwards realised that I don’t own any high waisted clothes! So from now on I will only make the low rise ones.

These are obviously boy-leg undies too, but I'm going to be on the lookout for a good regular undies pattern as I'd like to try some regular pants as well.
They were not at all difficult to make and didn't take too long at all. These are made using hemp jersey, but can be made from any stretch fabric. I'm guessing it wouldn't be too difficult to add some lace or ribbon if you wanted to make them pretty... I'm not so into underwear that it bothers me if they are pretty though!
So there you have it - my home made bra and undies. I must admit I haven't made any more since this set, but do have a couple of pairs cut out, so will endeavour to get them done in the coming weeks. I have some spotty pink ones and some beautiful bamboo velour ones cut out.
4 comments:
They look great Theresa! I have also promised myself to sew some undies by the end of this month. I now have the pattern, I just need to work out which t-shirt to give up to make it.
I truly hope March is a quieter and healthier month for you guys. ((hugs))
Thanks E!
I'd love to hear which pattern you are planning on using - I have a feeling that undie making could become a bit of an obsession LOL
And you've just reminded me of a pile of old T Shirts I have here somewhere waiting for a new life... they'll be perfect!
Love
T
if i remember to buy the pattern next time i'm on town theresa ;) i'll let you know how it goes on bigger busted women :) (not that i'm huge, 12C).
we're about to have our next lot of treatments with AAE (Justin will still need a few more treatments, Xanthia will need 1, the rest of us will be finished if they work). They've all worked really well, except for the dairy with Josie and X. I think we tried to do too much for their little bodies to handle at once. I sure am looking forward to yoghurt! And I'm sure X and big J are lookign forward to some chocolate :)
Wow! They look fantastic and comfy - well done! Did you get to sew up the cut out pink and spotty ones?
Post a Comment