Tuesday, April 15, 2008

More Electricity Readings and Ramblings

Todays readings and last weeks usage of Electricity are as follows:
Peak
21029 - Used 124 = 18/day
Off Peak
8682 - Used 34 = 5/day

TOTAL Used 158 = 22.5/day

So whilst our Peak electricity hasn't changed our Offpeak rose 1 kwh for the week. I'm actually pretty happy with this because it was Georgie's birthday over the weekend and I did a LOT of extra cooking so the oven was on for almost 3 days straight and there was more washing up so hot water usage. I guess this means next week with no parties and us staying home and staying calm that we should see a bit of a reduction - here's hoping!

I have now officially ceased my book-keeping job - handover was last Friday. But its my Aunt taking over so if she has any hassles we'll be in contact but that is fine.

We find out next Monday if the sale of our block of land goes unconditional - fingers crossed!

My Vegetables in Pots garden is looking VERY sad :( I used a homemade garlic spray to help deter some very hungry caterpillars and other little creatures, but it seems to have also made our vegies very sick. So on the weekend coming I suspect I will be starting our planting from scratch AGAIN. Its very disappointing but due to our allergies we are extremely limited in what we can and can't use as deterrents so these things will happen again no doubt! But until our own vegies are growing and able to be picked I always have the Farmers Markets :D

We are doing really well in our bid to buy only preloved or WAHM clothing for the girls - in fact a recent purchase for Emma fits both criteria! She has been hounding me for *pretty dresses* so I found a lovely little dress made by a WAHM out of a vintage table cloth - what more can I ask for! Can't wait for it to arrive now so I can check it out!

Also on our clothing mission I was so happy to discover a local little store called Piggy Girl. Everything in store is made by the store owner - a mum - out of preloved clothing - every item is a reconstruction! Here is a pic of the little outfit we bought Georgie for her birthday - I just love it and she looked so cute in it on the day! Its a little shorties overall set with a beautiful skirt sewn over the pants.

reconstruction

Still haven't done our monthly analysis - I'm kind of over book work at the moment so I'm not going to even give myself a time line to do it by because I want to have a bit of a break! It doesn't change that we are still thinking every purchase through and trying to make the best possible choices - it just means that I don't know how well we are sticking to our budget - and I guess until the land is officially sold I should be keeping a better eye on it as we no longer have my income... *sigh* guess I'd better do it then!

Love
T


No comments: