Monday, January 7, 2008

Just some more wild ramblings....

The girls are asleep and Pete is back at work, so rather than talk to myself I figured I would just spill it all here!

Although Georgie was primarily a full-time cloth bub, she started to develop some pretty nasty rashes and for the past few months or so has been almost a full time disposable nappy wearer :( BUT to make me feel a smidge better about this we have been using the Bambo Eco Disposable nappies. Now these nappies are compostable, but until this week she had been dirtying as many as just wetting, so the dirty ones were having to be thrown and only the wet ones composted.

This week though she is finally starting to get some regularity happening and I've had so many more to compost than ever before (seeing as she's not dirtying as many and they are just wet now). Yesterday when I was pulling them all apart to add to my compost bin I realised just how much I was still throwing out and what a huge % of my compost was likely to be nappy inners.

SO as of today Georgie is going to be back in cloth much much more. She wore cloth last night and no rash today which was good. I'm actually wondering if her constant dirtying of nappies and constantly being cleaned was leading to some of her rash issues. Anyway, we'll soon find out if she agrees with cloth again!

I don't think I have many nappying days left though - she is really becoming quite toilet aware and if she spots Emma putting undies on she wants some on too.... it was very handy that she got quite a few pairs for Christmas!

As for our Taking Charge Pledge, well, it will be good as I no longer need to purchase disposables for her (or at least as often), but it does mean that I will no doubt want to buy the odd new nappy here and there......

I was also pondering today the reality of paying for services..... I think they too need to be included in our pledge unless it is of course an emergency repair needed!

On the weekend we did really well and I hope its a sign of just how well we can do this!

Theresa

No comments: