Sunday, July 20, 2008

Is there a PAUSE button anywhere?

Because tonight I really feel like I just want to pause life for a couple of days so I can catch up and then hit play again!

I have had an extremely emotional day - every single meal has been an enormous issue for Miss E and each one has resulted in her staying at the table long after we have all finished and left the table - this morning we even had to forgo the lovely family morning out that we had planned as she simply would not eat her breakfast or take her medication afterwards. I know that a lot of parents would say that she obviously didn't feel like breakfast, but unfortunately we have to ensure she eats 6 times per day, and Miss E is also learning about power... This is one aspect of our lives where I don't feel like a very Gentle Parent :(

There are also lots of little things I need to catch up on - paperwork, book work, cooking to fill the freezer, some little sewing jobs and just a few other things, as well as just having the chance to breath! I am definitely feeling a little snowed under right now and not doing so well :(

So, tonight, we have had dinner, I am in the middle of cooking some more chippees and icing some biscuits for a play date tomorrow, trying to reply to some emails and catch up on some reading... and will attempt to be in bed at a reasonable hour.

I am in desperate need of some time for myself, but at the moment it just has to wait... I know I'm becoming grumpy and tired and stressed, but I think once this week (and a few engagements) are out of the way, I will have a chance to breath...

Oh and a house with some doors would help so I have the ability to shut a door and give myself 5 minutes of space at times of high tension!

No comments: