Monday, July 21, 2008

phew.... A Better Day Already!

Well, today is shaping up to be a MUCH better day than yesterday!

Miss E woke up in a fabulous mood, happily ate her breakfast and even had all of her medication without baulking. It really does make an enormous difference to our days when they start off in such a positive way. It may only be 11am and there is still loads of potential for the day to deteriorate, but its still so nice to have such a calm and relaxed start to the day.

I made a concerted effort to sit with the girls and do some activities with them this morning for around an hour or so, and they are now happily playing together without me. I really do need to remind myself that a small investment of time in them does make a dramatic difference to their moods for the day. I guess the luxury of today though is that our play date was cancelled and I decided that the other jobs I really must do today can wait until this afternoon.

Doing some cooking last night also helped as it meant the pressure was off me to do some more this morning. We can now survive until tomorrow before I do anymore baking.

I also started to re-read Buddhism for Mothers last night and I know I am feeling calmer already for doing so. This week may still be quite chaotic with our other commitments, but hopefully by making a point of doing just a few minutes of reading each night will also help.

In addition to the reading though, I have also reduced one of my supplements... it has a tendency to increase insomnia in me, and it really didn't occur to me until last night that I was suffering insomnia again. So hopefully in a few days the reduced dose will have kicked in and I'll be back to sleeping well again!

Much happier all round here today :D

No comments: