Friday, July 25, 2008

A NEW Butcher!

Obviously it doesn't take too much to get me excited these days, but after my little outing to a new butcher this morning I am very excited!!! I've been more than a little disillousioned with my other meat sources here, and have been trying a few different sources lately, but today I feel like I've found "the one"!!!

Today's butcher did NOT roll his eyes when I asked my usual questions, the how long is it from slaughter until you receive your stock and sell it, has it ever been cryovacced, can you order organic meat etc etc etc! Usually I get very vague responses and butchers looking at me like I have 4 heads and am not to be taken seriously at all. Their response to my organic questioning has always been "There's no demand for it here so no one will supply us"...

Well, apparently that's not the case! My *new* butcher said that they most certainly can order organic meat - its very expensive and they have a minimum quantity to order, but it is possible! He is going to look into the exact minimum quantities for me, and also get some price information and call me back next week. Now, it may be that I simply cannot afford to purchase the meat, and it may be that the minimum quantity is far more than I can ever safely use given our restrictions, BUT, he is prepared to find out more for me and will call me back AND he was nice!

So that alone has made my day! And after yesterday's post saying I couldn't source organic meat, I am soooo happy to say that my statement was based on my previous encounters with Butchers and today's little shopping expedition has proved that statement wrong!

I'll have to remember to post when he calls me back... gosh I hope he DOES call me back... I'd hate to be this excited and happy with his service to be disappointed next week....

No comments: