Friday, July 4, 2008

Just a quick one today!

A very unexciting, non food related post from me today I'm afraid!

In just over half an hour I have an appointment with the paediatrician for my youngest to be sure her pneumonia has resolved, and then seeing as tomorrow is our Open House to try and sell our home, I need to get to work!

So far we've done lots of decluttering, and I have the washing machine going and an enormous list of jobs to do...

Once we get home from the paediatrician, I will be cleaning as much as possible so that tomorrow all I should have to do is vacuum all the floors and mop the few mopable ones!

I did buy something quite frivilous yesterday with no regard for its ethics or sustainability though... a florist in town is closing down and had 50% off all artificial flower arrangements... so I bought a little arangement of gerbra's in a little ceramic pot that tones in wonderfully with our house! We can't have real flowers due to all our hayfever and other sensitivities, and rather than having nothing, I decided that spending $30 on an arrangement like this was justified as we are trying to do everything possible to enhance our home for sale at the moment.

And I'm not about to just throw them out after the house is sold! They are really quite a cute little bunch of flowers and I have a feeling that if they don't go on display somewhere nice and high my lovely Miss Almost-4 will claim them to play with - she wants to water them and take care of them apparently!

Ok so I'm outta here until tomorrow! I'll probably post after the Open House!

No comments: