Monday, July 28, 2008

Just when I thought it was safe to wash again...

After raining for almost all of last week, my washing pile is enormous! So today, we had a beautiful clear sky this morning and I hit the laundry... but now its coming in really overcast again and I've been told showers are expected again this afternoon :(

Due to the age of our house and its electrical wiring, we really try not to use our clothes dryer very much at all, as simply having it on means that something as simple as turning on the jug or toaster can trip out the whole house! And under our house isn't really ideal for hanging out washing - mould grows under there quicker than a load of washing takes to wash!

So, I now have the washing line full, and another load in the machine ready to hang out, but the rain is predicted for the next couple of hours... Hopefully at least some of it is dry!

We've had a busy day actually... all the washing, and we've also made some butterfly biccies and some carob/choc chip muffins! The muffins are LOVELY! Miss E has also eaten an entire pear for the first time ever! Now just to repeat the exercise over the next couple of days to see if she reacts to it or not... fingers crossed there are no reactions and we can add pear to our list of allowed foods!

Unfortunately though, Miss E apepars to be extremely noise sensitive today :( This is the first sign she often shows of a chemical reaction... So if it continues (and isn't just because she's being a bit cranky), I need to have a think about what she may have been exposed to...

Oh and now Miss G is running around biting things, so something unusual is going on in our house today...

No comments: